Everyone loves pancakes. And there is no need to buy expensive dry-mixes from the store, when you can, as easily, make your own. Here’s a quick basic pancake recipe. You can enhance it by adding blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, banana slices, nutella, apples etc. etc.
Recipe from: How to be a Domestic Goddess
Ingredients (makes 10-12 small pancakes)
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour or maida
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 + 1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Butter for frying
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or by hand.
- Melt some butter in a skillet and pour a little batter into it. If you want, you can top up the pancake with fruits or chocolate chips at this stage.
- When you see bubbles on the upper side of the pancake, it’s time to flip.
- Cook on the other side for a minute or so.
- Eat with lots of butter and honey/maple syrup.